Saturday, September 6, 2008

Late night news






Whew! It is hard to believe it has been so long since I've posted. So sorry....I wish I could say I was on vacation or something exciting like that. Truth be told we have been affected by coming close to our goal of 5 years. We are in the installing process of building our house and sometimes all of those details that are so exciting to us are simply details. (Thanks, Shelly, for helping us decide on the color for our outlets the other day. :)) We have shopped for flooring, lighting, fixtures, and sinks. It is good to have Susan here to remind us that on a beautiful night like tonight a cookout at John Bryan is a better choice then sanding the walls. I know the kids are enjoying having an adult around who is enjoying life as it is happening and not as focused on planning for tomorrow.








I think I was in denial about summer being over despite the kids being back at school until I worked in the garden today. My tomato stakes are breaking and the focus now is on canning and making salsa rather then encouraging growth. I canned 14 quarts of tomatoes today. It is neat to see the pumpkins turning orange and growing more round. The soybean fields near our house are becoming more golden each day. I am enjoying watching the plants tell me that Autumn is coming to Ohio.



We are hoping to be able to start staining the interior walls this week on the downstairs level. After that we can put down the wood floors and then install the cabinets for the arrival of the counter top in the next week or so. We are also preparing to drive to Dallas this week for Pete and Karen's wedding so these goals may be the same for the next 2 weeks.
Thanks for your patience in this time of transition. Although I am anxious to find and sort through items that have been packed away and be in our log home, I am relieved that we already feel like this is home. Our lives this week have been impacted by time spent with friends, special moments with our family, and the grace of a dream within reach. Thank you, Father, for these good gifts!








1 comment:

Betsy Brock said...

Thank you, indeed! God is so good! :)