Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ice and water, 1 week, 750 miles apart

FLORIDA to OHIO
I am still trying to catch up on being gone for 4 days! Isabel and I flew to FL and spent the weekend with Wendy and kids. We had so much fun and saw SO many of our friends. It was great for me to see all the places that were so familiar for 13 years since this was our first time back in FL since our move in May.
I was very surprised to find out that I was reliving all of these memories alone. Isabel had just turned 3 a few months before we move and it should be noted that she was medicated for half of her life. She remembered only a few things...her classroom, Chloe, the place her class planted a garden, and the playground. We had plenty of opportunities to make some new memories, however! First Baptist Church of Indian Rocks was having their 50Th Anniversary. There was a concert by Avalon, jumpers, fireworks, and a special service that took place during the days we were there. Isabel and I got our feet wet. It was in the high 50's and a bit chilly and overcast for the Sunshine state.


We went out for dinner with my former coworkers at Morton Plant and I got to see more people when we brought bagels in for everyone. It was so nice to see the familiar and it made me realize how much energy learning new things actually takes from you. Of course we loved being able to spend time with Wendy, Abby, Chloe, and Dominec. They only live a mile from where we used to so I was able to run around Taylor Park (my favorite running spot). Heidi hung out with us for some of these outings and it was good to see her, too.


I had about 5 loads of laundry waiting for me when I got back! After working a few days, catching up on all the cleaning, sorting, and shopping it was time to do something fun with the kids.
Isabel surprised me once again this week with her memory. This time was a positive! :) When we went ice skating she did remarkably better. Instead of being afraid and crying, she was actually standing straight up and I could hold her by her hands near her head instead of holding her up by her waist. Not only was this easier on my back but we were able to move faster. She really enjoyed it. Wesley and Kristianna were much more comfortable on the ice and trying out some new moves.










It was great to be away and great to come home. Being in FL made me realize how much I love being in OH and our life as it is now. I wish there was a way to see our friends from there more often and am very thankful for this blog and the chance to keep in touch with all of you. I don't think this next week has as much in store. We are braving the coldest temps since we've moved here (about 12 degrees) and Kris has been at track meets this weekend. We hope you all are staying warm!
Enjoy the weekend.

















No comments: