Friday, June 12, 2009

First Jenny Claire, now Clarabelle

About 9 or 10 years ago we were introduced to Jenny Claire. We were at my friend April's house and spotted our eldest talking to someone who appeared to be there. I watched her for a bit and was shocked to discover that this very animated conversation was being held (to my eyes) with a wall. That is when I discovered that my little girl had a huge imagination and a new best friend.
Over then next few years Jenny Claire came with us on vacations, shopping, and even to church. I vividly remember having to back the van up in the driveway and open the door because I drove away before Jenny Claire was able to get in the van! Once when Kristianna was praying for lunch at Kris's grandparents winter rental in FL she stopped mid-sentence to say, "Jenny Claire! Stop talking!" and continued on with her little prayer!
Kristianna could hardly wait for me to wake up yesterday with news she has discovered. Isabel apparently has a friend named Clarabelle. Now that I have had a few more years at parenting and have witnessed a little girl with imaginary friends host parties for real ones I am not surprised and wonder what adventures await with little Clarabelle!

2 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

This is such a cute story! I don't remember having an imaginary friend, but I can see a lot of advantages to one when you are young. Next time we meet for lunch, I hope Isabel brings Clarabelle along! :)

Marcia said...

I hope I won't have to drive home because I forgot her! :)